Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Found My Prince!


Hmmm....I'm still waiting...?? Bah?? ~Ok, maybe not! He's still a green little frog! heehee!
The munchkins had a family project due using the pumpkins they collected from the pumpkin patch last week. They were to decorate their pumpkin to make it look like anything they wanted. The only rule was they could not carve the pumpkin. Some families were very creative and some not so creative and no effort was put into the project...boo!! It was obvious which parents actually sat with their child to work together on it, which is the point of all our Family projects, and those parents who just didn't care at all. Sad, sad, sad!! (No I didn't post pictures of those.)



Witches, Superheroes, and Pirates...Oh My!

Today was our costume dress up day!! Boy were they bonkers!!! It was fun but crazy too! This week was our Red Ribbon Week/Say No to Drugs and they combined their costume day to fit in with Red Ribbon Week.


There were so many cute costumes and we (the teachers) dressed up too. Our student teachers also dressed up and looked adorable! Last year we went all out and dressed as the Disney Princesses. This year as teachers we took it easy and were kitty cats! So comfy!!!.......prrrrrrrrr.......meow.

Why didn't anyone tell me I was sooooo tall???!!! haha! Yes it just hit me today! haha! Standing with the other teachers and taking pictures was no big deal until I looked at the pictures! ~Redo please!!! I need to make myself shrink! Holy Mole Guacamole!! I'm GIANORMOUS! ~Ok, I'm not that tall! They're all short! heehee It was very strange and for some reason very weird seeing me with these girls, they laughed and all agreed...they're short! haha! Whew!! 5'9" isn't gianormous...or is it??

When the munchkins are out of uniform boy do they act up! They also act up when the weather is about to change. Don't ask me how we know that one but it's sooooo true. Every time there is a change coming in weather the munchkins start acting up! They're like little barometers! Yesterday and today they've been horrible!! I had to let out the Exorcist Teacher...my head spins and I spit out split pea soup...perfect timing for Halloween..haha! j/k They really have been awful but it was nice to hear that the other teachers were having the same problem the last couple of days. It's probably due to a combination of things; being able to wear their costumes, the change of weather, and they know it's a short week! Thank goodness for a short week with the kids because I don't think I like being the Exorcist Teacher! Split Pea green is not a good color on me or all over the classroom! haha!

The day flew by today and it felt like we really didn't do much...maybe because we didn't! heehee! We took tons of pictures and made our own little Halloween movie based on the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? or version was Boo! What Do You See?

During the munckins P.E. time they got to see a real cow and how it gets milked. They were excited but bless poor Grace's heart for being out there all day. Grace is the name of the cow. Heehee! The poor cow was giving demonstrations all day long! She was hooked up to the milk sucking machine 7 times throughout the day (I'm sure it has a real name but I just kept thinking...ouch! Doesn't that hurt after awhile?) The munchkins loved hearing her mooooo!!! She was pretty loud and we (the teachers) kept saying she was probably saying ~take this thing OFF of me!


Tomorrow is a half day with the munchkins and pajama day!!! Yay! Another day of comfort!!! We'll see what pajamas they show up wearing! Then our inservices start for the next two days...ugh! Not sure how they'll go or what they have in store for us??? Stay tuned...

XOXO's

No comments:

Post a Comment