Thursday, August 20, 2009

Teacher Inservice #3...Much Better!!

My Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho is....pooped!

Why is it so hard to wake up in the morning?? I'm an early bird by nature but knowing I have to get up by 5 is just killing me! Could it be I haven't followed my own advice I give to parents about having their munchkins go to bed early? I should have taken my own advice and started going to bed earlier a few weeks ago! Hopefully I'll hit the pillow early today!

Day 3 of Inservice was much better today! Thank goodness!!!
Once again we were provided with a wonderful breakfast at our campus; tamales, fruit, coffee, and orange juice. Yum...well except for the coffee and juice. I need to make the suggestion that not everybody drinks coffee and orange juice...yuck! haha! But I can't complain when it's FREE! heehee! They also provided a wonderful lunch for us too!!! :)

We started off with a wonderful talk from our Principal. She's super energetic and so positive about the new school year. If it wasn't for her leadership I don't know what we would keep us going. The kids keep us going, but it all has to start from the top. This will be her third year with us and she has turned moral around and she really is there for the kids. We're blessed to have her.

Our morning covered faculty handbooks and student handbooks...more do's and dont's. While part of our afternoon covered Technology. Covering technology is always a plus in my book! Love it! The topic was Cyber Safety and some great web sites for parents and students when using the web. NetSmartz was one we had a good time using. There were great age appropriate videos discussing the importance of being safe when using the internet. Parents need to be more aware of what their children are doing when they are on the computer. We discussed how older students are experiencing Cyber Bullying. Wow...bullying even through technology.
Cyber Saftey Link
http://www2.yisd.net/education/components/links/links.php?sectiondetailid=146844&

Then, I was hit with the news....I'm getting a Student Teacher!! Ahhhh!! I was hoping I wouldn't get one this semester only because I'm going back down to Kinder from looping up with my past munckins. There's more pressure now...ugh! I needed to be able to let my brain go bonkers and get back into the swing of things. Now this poor little thing needs to learn from me??? Oh no!!! haha! I met her and she is a very sweet girl. I did warn her that there may be moments of craziness...not from the munchkins but from ME!! I've been blessed to get interns that work out very well and personalities don't clash ...whew! There are some teachers who can be so mean to their interns and be so by the book or hoity toity! I hope she has a fun experience and learns something...haha!

We finished the afternoon with reviewing our new state standards. If your child is a student in a Texas school and you would like to see what your child should be learning in their school you can click on the link and scroll down to either the TEKS Content by Chapter or scrolling down to the PDF file for each specific grade level. http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/teks/
Kindergarten is more than what many think it is. There are standards, pressures, and demands for these little ones just as the older munchkins have. With all these pressures I hope I try to make our classroom fun and exciting so they learn to love coming to school. If I don't...eek..then I'm headed for a year of trouble! If we don't have music, dancing (of course), and a lit bit of crazy silliness while learning then I might as well quit!

Tomorrow will be a VERY long day 8-8...eek... it's our last inservice and a school family night for parents and munchkins. Our Superintendent was invited and other guests. Yikes! Best behavior...haha! They'll be having hot dogs, cotton candy and other goodies! Yay!!! I'll definitely need the sugar to keep me going!! Stay tuned for more!

XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment